Friday, June 4, 2010

Going Green

Yes, we actually ate this for dinner the other night. I call it Green Goddess. My husband would call it Green Goop. I know it looks a bit like baby food puree but it's actually really yummy and good for you. Here is a quick recipe, feel free to make any variations with the green veggies.
Oh, and if you have a husband like mine, plan on having something else with this meal. Something fried and fatty, otherwise it might be grounds for divorce. I like to serve mine with fried eggplant!

1 Bunch asparagus
1 head of cauliflower
1 avocado
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup chicken broth. (make sure you use the NO MSG chicken broth)
1tbsp dill, mint, and oregano
salt and pepper

Boil the asparagus and cauliflower until tender. Either using a blender or emulsifier puree the veges with the avocado. Put veges back into pot you boiled them in. Add yogurt, chicken broth, and spices. Cook on medium until soap boils. Turn to low and let cook 15 minutes. Then serve with something terribly unhealthy!
Oh, I have never tried this but I imagine that you could serve this cold.....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: